Sunday, December 11, 2011

Oh, you insulted me. That will teach me, guess I should work harder.

First, I must warn you that this weeks post is more of a rant than anything. It's aimed at one person in perticular, and 99.9% of the people that send me stuff are actually quite enjoyable to talk to and deal with on a daily basis. This kid is the other .1%.

So I received a not-so-nice email the other day from a "fan". I use the term pretty loosley as this person acted more like a 10 year old child crying about it taking too long for the cookies to get done baking.

Now I know that most of you out there understand that we are only a team of 2 people, that both of us work in retail in the US, and that this being the Christmas season it's also the busy time in our work/personal lives. Also, most of you understand that an email that says "Hey, I havn't noticed much work getting posted the last few days" or "I was just wanting to make sure that the mod was still getting worked on" will get a better responce than the following Email that I received.

"Yo, I juzt wanted to find out whaz takin so damn long to get SEED back in. No 1 care about GDI NOD and Scrin, they

suckz!!!! Stop wastin time with that crap and get back to work on SEED! This is stupiz! U had it once, my friend sayz you

guys are lazy and ur mod will not get donz. I think he might be rit."




Um... yea. I'm just going to say a few things about this.

1. This mod is NOT being done for the Community. It's being done so that I can kick Doug's ass in a game that we both will agree on. We were never able to find out who was better in the old Xenoforce Mod simply because the game crashed EVERY time we played.

2. We are giving this MOD to the Community AS we are working on it because we feel that unlike other mods that keep posting pics up but never let you actually get a chance to play it at least this way people can experience what we are experiencing and we can get good feedback about what needs to be done.

3. For me at least, this MOD is an experiment for me to see just how much support a fanbase will give to a project that is working towards actually giving them something that they want to see. All you have to do is look at how much support we've gotten for the Gundam Models that we've received to see that this is working out amazingly well.


Is our project ambitious? You bet it is, we're taking the original 3 armies and totally reinventing them while adding 6 additional factions WITH AI's and new sound effects into the game. Considering that this is our first project that we've ever made public (we have done other mod tweaks over the years for personal use only) this is a lot to deal with. However this MOD has only been around (on MOD DB anyways) for a year and a half. We've already rebalanced the O3 (now on our second revision of this) and added 2 factions in. The factions are not completed yet (missing damaged states and new sounds on a lot of it) but they work and the players can see exactly what we're trying to do.

So in short little kid, I don't care if it takes 4 years to put Gundam SEED into the game. I don't care if it never gets put in. I do care about making a good mod that not only shows creativity and different playstyles but also works for all parties involved. I am not getting payed for this, I'm on my own schedual, and it'll get done when it gets done.

Oh, and you and your friend are ass's. I couldn't care less if you don't play our MOD. And remember, I'm the nice one. Your lucky you sent this to me and not Doug.

8 comments:

Alan said...

"Your lucky you sent this to me and not Doug."
Did Doug hear about this email because I would love to hear that reaction.
And if I may add this mod has been through more changes and improvements in those 1 1/2 years then most of the mods I have played that have been worked on for longer. This is the best and no matter how long it takes those of us that really are fans will wait and help out in anyway we can.

azuza001 said...

No, I didn't send it to Doug. It wasn't worth the time, the kid was just lucky that I didn't have much else to write about this week otherwise I would have just put it in the trash lol.

As if I have feelings. Lmao.

Legion911 said...

so azuza how are doing on the Xenoforce reborn project?

azuza001 said...

It's going well Legion, almost done with the new Scrin, Doug is getting the new NOD design tightened down, then I've got to finish a few things with GDI (Fucking AI always crashing the game) and get Gundam SEED done. Then we're off to the Invid, then Zeon, then Robotech.

Legion911 said...

you know if you need some one to talk to i am always there Azuza K, i go by the Mod DB user name of Legion9

UltraKiroXei said...

The mod will finish at anytime until like death will do all part? Well, I was thinking about how many things you have from the Donators.

azuza001 said...

I will finish this mod no matter what, even if I have to do everything myself and it doesn't get done until CNC7 is out lol. It's just the way it's going to be. :)

Anonymous said...

Well said, Azuza. :D Merry Christmas.